The YMCA of the Rockies is looking for dedicated volunteers who are willing to share their expertise and devote the time necessary to make the Staff Alumni Association a success.
While each volunteer position has specific duties and qualifications, volunteers should review the following before applying.
Meet your Alumni Council
- All Advisory Council volunteers must be a member of the Staff Alumni Association.
- Must be dedicated to and uphold the Mission of the YMCA of the Rockies and the Vision of the Staff Alumni Association and be willing to commit time necessary to discharge the duties of the position.
- Advisory Council officers and committee members oversee all aspects of the Staff Alumni Association to ensure they conform to the YMCA of the Rockies Mission statement, the Alumni Association’s Vision Statement and that the Staff Alumni Association’s actions conform to the Bylaws, and Job Descriptions.
- Advisory Council Officers and committee members constantly review all aspects of the Staff Alumni Association and recommends changes as necessary.
- Ideally volunteers will have experience in a leadership role in business or on other volunteer boards
Alumni Fun Facts
- The YMCA International Camp Counselor Program began in the mid 1980’s.
- The Fourth of July Parade began in 1911 and is still an annual tradition.
- Fern Odessa and Pioneer staff housing were opened in 190 and used until 2008.
- When Snow Mountain Ranch first opened, urinals were used as makeshift washers.
- Snowmobiling was one of the first programs offered at Snow Mountain Ranch.
- In 1981, the YMCA of the Rockies hosted the only meeting of the World Alliance of the YMCAs ever held in the United States. In 2014, the YMCA of the Rockies will be hosting the World Alliance again at Estes Park Center.